Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stepping into His HOH Role

I have a job that I like, but there's another job I really want.  The schedule would work better for my family, it pays more and I'd get benefits from it not to mention it's something I've really wanted to do for a while now.

A friend/co-worker who also works for the employer of the job I want told me last year about May that there were 2 openings coming up.  I applied and interviewed then waited to hear back from them.  I didn't get it.  I've interviewed for jobs and not gotten them before.  It was no big deal.  I just kept on hunting.  But I took this one kind of hard.  I think it's because I really wanted it and I don't need it.

Well, she told me a couple of weeks ago that there was a job opening coming up for next year again.  She said I should apply and I really should, but I don't want to feel that let down again.  I have a job that I like for the most part.  I got a lot of positive feed back about my interview they just hired someone who had connections in the higher departments.  Basically she had the job already before I even interviewed.  I've been putting off going to get an application.

I guess John decided it was time for him to step in.  I have until Wednesday to pick up an application, Friday to have in completed and Monday to get it turned in or I get spanked.  He also said that if I don't get the job this year, I will apply for it again and again every year until I get the job.  And he just informed me that I will get spanked for each missed deadline.

I think he's starting to get comfortable with this HOH stuff I think.

Hopefully I won't get spanked and hopefully I will get the job.

2 comments:

  1. Ha...it does appear that he has found his HOHeyness or Mojo as some call it. Good for him! Does it feel good to know that this isn't up to you anymore and that he'll be there for you whether you get the job or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it really does. I like this whole new take charge thing he's doing. It helps me to not talk myself out of something that's important to me. He's a good husband for me. :)

      Delete