Thursday, April 19, 2012

Aaah, Finally a Reconnection with my HOH

Yes, after 2 weeks of passing each other on the way out the door and barely seeing each other, we went on a date, to a concert, it was so much fun, but we were exhausted when we got home and no energy for reconnection.  :(  Then a couple more days of passing by, then FINALLY we have time for each other.  I received a reconnect spanking last night and it was overdue.

OK, let's rewind a bit.  My hubby and I work overnights but not always the same nights.  So, for 2 weeks, he worked when I was off and I worked when he was off.  We seen each other in the afternoon when it was time to pick up the kids until it was time for 1 of us to go to work.  Yes, we'd have that little bit of time together but that's the busiest time for us as a family.  It's get kids, homework, dinner, cleaning up from dinner, baths, pjs, and getting dressed for work.  Not to mention that staggered bedtimes to get all the kids to bed.  Then it's "bye, see ya later (maybe)".  If it's him that goes to work, he leaves about the time I've started baths.  Sucky!

I became increasingly distant from him that even if we'd get a moment here or there, I just didn't feel connected to him.  I wouldn't even look at him any more than I do complete strangers out and about.  I remember sitting down at the dinner table, we're all talking and hanging out and things feel "fine" but I turned to face him as he was talking and realized that's the first time I looked at him all afternoon/evening and I missed him.  I really craved a reconnection but at the same time couldn't be bothered by it.  Anyone know how I felt?

So, we finally got the reconnect last night and it was nice.  He asked if I wanted to do it and I said yes and no and that my spanko sisters would know what I meant by that.

I honestly think I want another one tonight.  Now I'm wondering what on Earth is wrong with me lol.

5 comments:

  1. Two weeks...wow, that's so long. I'd be a little puddle of a mess in that time.

    Your reconnection sounds like it was exactly what you needed and yes, I sure do understand the "yes and no." Need another...I say why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, 2 weeks is a long time and I was starting to forget my role in this new dynamic and became "single mom" again. I much prefer wife and mother over single mom.

      Delete
  2. I feel disconected sometimes too. Life gets very busy sometimes. I used to see my husband sitting at the table, sit on his lap and say i miss you. Then we'd be so tired we'd just go to bed. I find that happens a lot when we dont have time to have a nice conversation, or we've been busy at work all week or havent had time or money to go out on dates. Since we've started DD we havent had any distance yet. But im sure we'll have will. We've had those moments before it'll happen again. So glad you were able to reconnect! :) I dont think its weird that you want another spanking. It hurts like heck but the closeness and clean slate is what i always crave. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's just something about the way I feel after a spanking that makes me feel so connected to John, it's amazing but they hurt, wish I could avoid that aspect.

      Delete
  3. I find that after a long absence it takes me a while to get back on track, too. Think of it as a plant that missed 2 weeks of water...it will take more than just 1 watering to get healthy again. Sorry for your butt, dear. :P

    ReplyDelete