Monday, February 27, 2012

From Not Interested to in Love...Finale

After our "friend" attempted to break us up but only succeeded in bringing us closer together, I actually started giving John a chance.  I became more relaxed with him, still wasn't ready to have sex with him which apparently pissed everyone else off but me and him (go figure).  I started rearranging his house and we brought some of my stuff in from the shed we stored it in.  We would sit around and daydream about if we had a wedding what it would look like.

We went on a picnic one day with a group from church and as we were driving home, we again were talking about wedding details for an imaginary wedding we didn't actually plan on having when we realized we really were planning our wedding.  So, that's how we got engaged, no big proposal, no dropping the ring, anxious waiting for an answer, no tearful yes.  Just a realization that it just felt right.  So, we had started planning our wedding before we decided we wanted to marry each other without ever realizing that's what we were doing.

We started to refer to ourselves as "unofficially engaged" because I didn't have a ring yet.  I relaxed with him enough to roll over one night and show him how much I was beginning to love him and I still remember that night, how amazing it was to wait until I was in love to make love (go figure lol).  I of course conceived our baby that night (also go figure).  I remember how nervous I was as we bought a home test and waiting for it to give me an answer and shakily calling John to come and double check I was reading it right.

We went to a wedding show to get ideas and book vendors.  Afterward, we went shopping at the mall when he teasingly said to me, "let's go look at wedding rings, we'll eventually need one of those".  So we went to the jewelry store and the female consultant and I started having fun with trying on rings  figuring out what I wanted (I get compliments on my set all the time), then she looked up at one time and said "we should probably get your ring size. 'cause...umm...he just paid for them."

I, like most normal people, started to get cold feet as our wedding date approached, but thankfully, we had decided premarital counseling was important to us and that helped overcome a lot of the anxiety I was having.  It continues to help to this day as we recall what we learned throughout our marriage.  While, I wanted my wedding to be beautiful and perfect, I wanted my marriage to last "'til death do us part".

So, there it is, seems less entertaining typed out than it was living it, but it's our story and I love it.  It's very unique to us.  Maybe someday I'll explain how I ended up with my perfect wedding even though it was seemingly impossible since I'm very contradictory and wanted 2 very different weddings.  That's another story of someone who tried to ruin everything John and I have but only succeeded in giving us more than what we had before the evil plot.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you two could push past what your "friend" was doing to you. Dont understand why this person would do that when they were the one who wanted you two together in the first place. Good luck through your journey of the DD Marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous:
    I tried to actually reply via the reply button but for some reason it wasn't working...thank you so much for coming by and commenting on my blog. Some people have speculated that our "friend" introduced us because she thought maybe we wouldn't be compatible and she would look better to him and others have speculated that after she seen how he treated me she realized she wanted him. Either way she's out of the picture now and we're happy together.

    ReplyDelete