Friday, May 18, 2012

When Our Bodies Fail Us

John works overnights and is only off a few days a week.  This means when he is off, I have to share him.  I share him with the kids, I share him with his friends, I share him with his own personal free time and I share him with his household chores.  Sometimes this doesn't leave me much time, if any.  And usually he's a zombie.

Last night, we were both barely staying awake until we put the kids to bed.  Once we finally got the kids to bed, we were both too tired for any sort of time together.  No spanking, no sex.  It's been a while since I received maintenance and I was hoping for one last night, but that didn't happen.  He tried to have sex with me, but that didn't work very well either.  We were both just too tired.

These times can be very frustrating for me since it's been a while since we did anything and I know it'll be a while before we'll even have another chance and then just it may end up like last night again.  Last Sunday night was a good night for us, but since then it's been pretty boring around here. He worked, then when he was off, he was too tired for anything, then I work, we both work, then I'm off but her works, then he's off but I work.  So the next time we'll have a chance for time together is Monday 28th.

The good news though, is next Sunday he officially switches to 8 hour day shifts!  I'm so excited!  It will be nice to start to feel like a normal family again.  When his job started talking about switching to 8 hour shifts, we were nervous.  We were afraid he'd get one of the 3 possible shifts that would hurt our family time even more, but instead he got the best option for our family.  My family is breathing a sigh of relief.

And I did get some bedroom time with him after I woke up this afternoon.  :)

14 comments:

  1. Oh that is good news! Should make for some wonderful reconnection time! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it should give us much more time for reconnection. I can't wait :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I understand this post, your husband working a lot, having to share him when he is home, and him being too exhausted to do anything too often. I'm glad you managed to sneak in some time though, and hopefully his new shift will be an improvement! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping it will be an improvement as well. I can't wait until he starts his new shift

      Delete
  3. Schedules can be tricky. My husband does not work a "normal" job and I do and so I understand!
    I am glad he has an upcoming schedule you like and also glad to read of your bedroom time this afternoon:) Hope maintenance will be back in your future soon. Enjoy your weekend. Regards,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, SNP! I think the new schedule will help with "us" time and with family time as well.

      Hope your weekend was good :)

      Delete
  4. YAY!!!! I"m so glad things are working out! Its so nice when they have normal work hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it will be nice. He hasn't had normal hours since before we were married.

      Delete
  5. Suzie, that is awesome that he is going to get the new shift time. I so know that feeling of not getting any alone time where we are both awake, willing and ready. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! That is great, Suzie! So happy for you. :) I look forward to hearing about the many, many spankings you'll be getting. *smile* In the best way possible, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana! And I'll be sure to post about the more frequent spankings I'm looking forward to receiving and hopefully they won't be punishment.

      Delete
  7. I know about husbands being tired. I feel bad for DH and at the same time, I crave being with him. I don't want to make him feel bad for being busy and tired, but at the same time, I have needs too. It is better now, thank god.
    And it sounds like there is an end in sight for you guys too. Glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Julia, I never want to make him feel guilty for all he does for our family, but I miss him a lot. I'm glad things worked out for you guys and I'm glad we have an end in sight for us too.

      Delete