Friday, May 4, 2012

Stress Causes...

First, I guess I was too flustered when I wrote my last post to finish a sentence in there, so I'll finish it here for you "My co-workers and clients at work aren't helping either.  My boss has actually had to tell me, what they say doesn't matter, only her opinion matters and she thinks I'm doing a good job"  So, there you all go lol.  Sorry if this left any of you confused.

OK now that I have that out of the way, I'm going to tell you how Wednesday went for me.   My husband woke up earlier than expected because he had to go into work really quick for something.  While he was out, he called to have me do him a favor and I started snapping.  After several warnings to calm down he finally just told me to go to my room and wait until he got home then hung up.  I was in complete and total shock.  I said "whatever" and stomped to my room, slammed the door and threw myself on the bed (luckily he wasn't home to witness my 2-year old tantrum).  A few minuted later he pulled in the drive and came in our room where he started the questioning me about my attitude, but I was working so hard the keep things under control, I didn't answer him, so he rolled me over and gave me 1 swat.  That's it, that's all it took, I was done.  I started crying and telling him every little thing that was wrong with me and I cried the rest of the day on and off.  He was so patient with me every time I broke out in a fresh round of tears.

He said I'm am not allowed to volunteer for the opportunity that isn't working for me.  And if I don't do the one that I want to do, I will be in trouble.  Guess that settles that argument.

By the end of the day I was so worn out from crying, I just fell asleep.  I didn't get a stress relief spanking or a punishment spanking for my attitude.  I think he felt after I had cried all day long, I probably didn't need one at that point.

Yesterday, I felt much more relaxed.  I went for pedicures with my daughter then out to lunch.  Spent some time playing with my husband and kids when we got home.

Today, though, I have a new rule.  I have to keep my husband's work shirts pressed now.  I have to admit, as much as I don't mind laundry and enjoy housework, I'm not a big ironing fan.  Guess, John's going to fix that right?

Thank you everyone for your support.

6 comments:

  1. Pedicures sound like so much fun! Ironing on the other hand not so much. :)I'm not one to iron either. I'm really happy that your hubby is there for you he sounds very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pedicures really are fun and addictive. I'm so glad my hubby has made that a rule. I'm not looking forward to ironing though. lol

      Delete
  2. Wow...I respond so very similarily. Too much stress and one swat will get me to the point where I can pour it all out. Hope you have been feeling better ever since you talked it out. Lol...I iron all my hubby's shirts. I have actually grown to mostly enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly enjoy house cleaning, but for some reason I would rather throw them back in the dryer or take them to the cleaners.

      Delete
  3. I like ironing, but I never can be bothered to do it for myself. I'm glad you got taken care of...and I understand about the stomping thing! Sure is good when they don't hear/see those...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, hindsight in 20/20 right? Kind of wish I hadn't thrown such a childish fit, but I'm glad John wasn't there to see his wife act like one of the kids. lol

      Delete