Saturday, August 4, 2012

Questions Answered

Wow!  I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support from my last post.  Unfortunately, after I wrote that we had some sudden things happen at work, forcing me into working quite a bit.  I think I'm back this time.  (I hope).  Things are as OK as they're going to be.  I really appreciate all of the comments I got from my last post.

On July 27th (sheesh I am behind), Molly at Creating Us asked some questions about DD, so I'm going to answer them now.

1. How did you very first learn about DD, and what was your initial reaction to the concept?
I learned about DD by doing a web search on spanking.  I had come across some blogs and I was intrigued.  I found it fascinating.  It was what I had always wanted but never really knew.
  
2. Share one of your all-time favorite DD memories of you and your partner.
In the beginning when John would first put his foot down so to speak, we'd both smirk.  He was serious and I better listen, but neither one of us could prevent it.

3. What is one aspect of DD that you feel your partner has always handled very well?
Communication.  We've always talked about what was working and what wasn't working.  I think that's something we've always been good at with each other.
 
4. If you had to pick one person in your life to tell that you practice DD, who would you tell?
This is a hard one.  We already have a friend that knows.  There are moments when I would like to tell everyone I come in contact with how great it is, but with my husband's job I worry so much about him losing his job and credibility.  He's an amazing man and it would kill me to hear someone say otherwise.
 
5. What is one thing you wish you had known when you started DD?
That we weren't going to be experts at the beginning.  I know that sounds so silly, but I truly felt we should be just like all those bloggers who have been doing it for years.  We eventually learned we needed to go at our own pace and things start off slow.


I hope you all enjoyed reading my answers.  I'm hoping the next time I talk to John, I can convince him to give some of his answers as well.  In the mean time, I'm planning on posting my review on 50 Shades tomorrow.  It's written, I just have to type it up and post it.  :)

Thank you all my readers and commentators for providing friendship and support.

8 comments:

  1. Great answers Suzie! I'm so glad you joined in. I really hope you can talk John into answering; that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can too. I think it would be fun hearing from him as well.

      Delete
  2. I think you're beautiful, so please accept this award to you! http://ddanddswife.wordpress.com/2012/08/04/honored/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you so much! I'm truly honored!

      Delete
  3. Answer to number1. I learned about DD from my wife, i then did some checking and then told her hell yes bend over.

    Number 2 in the begaining i would tell her something and she would smile and i knew that i was going to have to spanke her because that is what she was wanting.

    Number 3 i have to agree with my wife on this one

    Number 4 this is hard cause i do want to tell all my friends but with my job i can not.

    Number 5 that we are not like everyone else out there. I am a spanko and so is she sometimes i just need to spanke her and she is always willing. But when we started i though she had to be in trouble to get spanked boy was i wronge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Answer to number1. I learned about DD from my wife, i then did some checking and then told her hell yes bend over.

    Number 2 in the begaining i would tell her something and she would smile and i knew that i was going to have to spanke her because that is what she was wanting.

    Number 3 i have to agree with my wife on this one

    Number 4 this is hard cause i do want to tell all my friends but with my job i can not.

    Number 5 that we are not like everyone else out there. I am a spanko and so is she sometimes i just need to spanke her and she is always willing. But when we started i though she had to be in trouble to get spanked boy was i wronge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to see you posting again.

    I think D and I may have been lucky that we never thought of ourselves as DD and that neither of us were into the blogging scene when we started (though back then the blogging ttwd community was pretty close to non-existent...I do remember reading and enjoying one or two sites but they were exclusively M/F) because then we had no standard to measure ourselves by. We just figured things out as we went along. Sometimes people give really well-intentioned advice based on their own relationship that is completely wrong for the person, and it can be hard to step back and realize that you and your partner are the only ones who can figure out what works...usually by trying everything that doesn't work first. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana! It's good to be back.

      Yeah sometimes I think we would have fared better in the beginning if we didn't have a standard to reach. Once we did step back and realize we're still learning (thankfully there are newbie blogs out there to help us realize we weren't the only ones) we were able to move forward at our own pace.

      Delete