Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring cleaning is coming!

Spring is just about here and I've been in spring fever mode since February.  I tend to start it about that time because where I grew up, spring started in February, not technically but temperature wise.  I've created a list of all my projects I want to get done and am super excited to have a little extra decorating money this year.

So one of our projects is to set up our garage as a hang out for when we have friends over (as well as for spankings) and we spent some time out there the other night listening to music, eating pizza, and having a couple of beers, discussing how we wanted it set up as.  It was awesome and I think it will really work out well for us.  Only problem is it's not insulated so it gets cold in the winter and it was cold the night we were out there.  We had our little space heater and it was OK as long as we were just sitting there talking, but my husband had other plans.  We had plans for a maintenance that night, but I was too cold.  As he tried to convince me to get ready, I was complaining about it being cold.  Finally he sat down and said "I'm tired of hearing the excuses, now get over here"  His voice was just firm, not angry or aggressive.  It was low and calm and in a way relaxing.  What was amazing to me was that I whined just a bit more to voice my opinion then, not only got up to present myself to him, but I actually WANTED to.  It was like I subconsciously wanted to make sure he wouldn't let me talk him out of it.  It didn't take long for me to be over the cold anyways.  Afterward, he cuddled me in his lap and I just rested in his strength for a little before we packed up and went back inside.  I feel so safe in his arms.  He is such an amazing man.

We've come so far and we haven't been doing it for very long.  I'm becoming more confident in myself and he is becoming more confident as a leader of our family.  We're not making it a secret to people that he is head of household and I am the wife and mother of my home, but sometimes fighting stereotypes can be difficult.  I don't think people realize how much control I actually have in my home.  I am actually in charge of cleaning.  I have a list with detailed jobs for who I want to do what where and when.  That's what I'm good at and John is fully confident in stepping back and taking direction in this area.  I'm OCD (literally actually) and he doesn't think quite as detailed as I do in this area.  In areas of finance that's another story and another post.

Have a great day everyone :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Suzie...Susie here...lol! Welcome to blogging. I'll look forward to coming back and reading more.

    ReplyDelete