Monday, March 19, 2012

Distancing

No not me...(this time).

My husband and I continuously worry about the safety of my step-daughters when they are in the care of their mother.  She's a very selfish person.  Some day I may get into all the reasons why I dislike her so much, but for now I'll just say we're not going to be best friends anytime soon and it's NOT because she's my husband's ex-wife, THAT I can deal with.  We've been sitting back worried as we wait for her to screw up enough to take her back to court and hoping nothing really bad and irreversible could happen before then.  We try not to think about it and work really hard to provide a safe environment for my step-daughters while they're here.

Unfortunately and fortunately, we got a call from a concerned neighbor of hers.  This may be what we're looking for and while there's a little bit of excitement there, we really don't want those girls to be in danger, yet they are.  I won't go into all the details on here, but I wanted to give you readers that background. 

So, we're both processing our feelings about this in our own little ways, but it's hard for me because I'm a woman ans I want to talk about it but he's a man and he wants to process it all internally.  I can tell he's distressed and I don't want to push him, but I want to be here for him.  I feel lost because I can feel the distance between us and I'm kind of shaky on how to move forward in the most productive way for him.  He's trying not to put this wall between us, but I feel it.  I understand it, but that doesn't make it any easier for me to deal with.  He knows I'm here when he's ready to talk and let everything out.

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard to know how to move forward and personally I've found that post Dd, we had to come up with new ways of communicating. Sometimes I have to leave him to think and process. Other times he wants me to step in. Tough stuff. Hope you are finding your way through it and no longer feeling the distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again for your support Susie.

      We've talked a little bit and I'm just quietly being there for him. He says he feels comforted when I just touch him, so that's what I've been doing.

      We're strong as a couple and I know we'll get through this upset as well. We've been through a lot already in the few years we've been married and we've always known the road would be hard, but we're strong individually and stronger together.

      Ironically, everything this woman has done to separate us has only worked to bring us closer together as a couple and as a family.

      Delete