Friday, July 6, 2012

Whew!

Whew!  It took me some time to get caught up at work after being gone for 2 weeks then it was end of the month and I'm kind of responsible for all that too, so that's now done.  4th of July came and it was successful except the responsible schedule keeper that I am screwed up and got the custody schedule for my husband and his ex-wife backwards.  I thought we were supposed to have the girls in the evening but we were actually supposed to have them in the day, no one seemed to notice thankfully so it wasn't that big of a deal.  I don't like to stray from the court order with her because she could change her mind and we'd be screwed out of our time.  She did that last Christmas when we switched to accommodate our work schedules, she said it was fine until it was time for us to get the girls then she said she wasn't bringing them over and we weren't getting them, since our court ordered time had already passed, we were pretty much screwed.  She did finally relent but that situation left a bad taste in my mouth and I've been a stickler for the court ordered schedule ever since.  It's really sad but unfortunately true.

I hope all of you had a good holiday as well for those who celebrate.  We had originally planned on seeing 2 different fireworks shows but due to all the dry conditions, one of those shows was cancelled, thankfully the other one wan't and we still got to see it.  It was a good day with all 5 kids enjoying some holiday festivities and food and a really good fireworks display.

Then yesterday we got to take the kids to the lake to go swimming.  It was a nice day and I was surprised that it wasn't very busy since it was the day after the 4th I figured all the campers would still be there, but there wasn't a whole lot of people at the swimming beach.

So after 2 long days, today my son and I are still in our Pj's (it's almost lunch time) and the baby is running around in her diaper.  We're just laying around watching TV and playing on the Internet.  I'm working on some Dd related posts to be posted soon, just wanted to check in with you all.  :)

10 comments:

  1. A jammies day can be good for the soul:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! With the way my house turned into a circus, I could sure use a day, no wait, make that a week's worth of jammie days with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long time since I've had a jammie day, I think the last time is when I was still a single mom. Keep your chin up

      Delete
  3. Very good for the soul! You sound very happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer is so nutty in all the right ways. It sounds like you are holding your own very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susie! I love the crazyness that is summer.

      Delete