Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Little Late but...

Ana at Governing Ana has officially nominated me for the Lovely Blogger Award.  Also, Blondie at Blondie's Blog gave me a shout out in round 2.  Thank you both for your thoughtfulness.  I honestly have been enjoying everyone's 7 things and learning about blogs I haven't heard of yet that I never actually considered myself to be among the ones nominated.


The One Lovely Blog Rules of Acceptance
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them.
- Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
- Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.

Ok so, 7 things about me you may not already know...hmm...

1) I was a cheerleader in high school and was captain of my cheer team :)  People I know in real life are not shocked by this information, I don't think I ever outgrew the peppyness, sorry to people that it annoys.

2) I can't paint nails, mine or otherwise, without it coming out all sloppy.  Actually I let my girls paint my nails because they do a better job than me.

3) In the summer time, I'm never inside.  As soon as warm weather starts moving in I almost run outside.  However in the winter, I kind of become a hermit.  You'll notice much more online activity from me when it's cold.

4) I was 21 when I first decided to give God a chance and life has not been the same since.  In fact I moved from my home town shortly there after and the people who knew me before would not be able to recognize my personality now.  On that same note the church I was "saved" at and the church I finally got baptized at aren't even in the same state.  And my son and I were baptized on the same date.  :)

5) I'm a reality show addict.  Sorry.  Not like Survivor or Big Brother (I hate those shows) but shows like Swamp People, Ice Road Truckers, Top Shot.  All the ones on TLC, History or Discovery.

6) My favorite Disney Princess is Belle and I've always had a bit of a crush on Beast, you know before he turned into some girly looking Prince

7) Before I had kids, I was a work-a-holic.  Seriously, I worked 60-80 hours a week because I chose to.  Then when I wasn't scheduled to work, I was at work.  After I had my oldest, I stopped wanting to be at work all the time and wanted to be home more often.

And now to nominate blogs...to me it seems kind of redundant to nominate blogs so late in the game.  I think all the blogs have been nominated at least once and well deserved.  A part of me wants to just skip the whole nomination part and direct you all to my blog roll.  All these blogs wouldn't be on my blog roll if I didn't enjoy them.  But I would like to give a shout out to some that have made a difference in my blogging life for one reason or another.

So, in no particular order...

Ana at Governing Ana
Christina at Red Booty Woman
Susie at Her Mischief Managed
Hermione at Hermione's Heart
Bonnie at My Bottom Smarts
Stormy at Shelter in the Storm
June at The Dish with Ward and June
JJ at Waiting for Mr HOH
Blondie at Blondie's Blog
Emi at Veiled Obsessions
Tess at Rules to Love by
Julia at My Personal Thinking Spot
SNP at Slightly Naughty Princess

If you see your name/blog above and haven't been nominated yet, consider this your nomination.  However I'm pretty sure all of the above blogs are so awesome they've already been nominated at least once.

12 comments:

  1. Those are some cool facts! Very nice and random! Thank you for the nomination, I enjoy reading your blog too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia! I was trying to think of some fun things about me that I haven't mentioned yet. It was really difficult to do.

      Delete
  2. I loved Belle because she was a bookworm like me. And I bet that your girls adore painting your nails! Cute...

    I think it's very neat that you and your son share a baptism anniversary. Do you do anything special to celebrate?

    Congratulations! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Belle because she always had her nose buried in a book, she didn't conform to the "norm", she didn't crush on the same guy all the other girls did and she thought for herself. I really related with her.

      I have actually never thought of celebrating our baptism anniversary before. That sounds like such a neat idea!

      Delete
  3. The best part about these blogger award posts is the sharing of facts about yourself that we (the readers) might otherwise not get to know! Your blog is amazing - keep up the good work (even in the summer).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that is the best part. It's been fun reading everyone's. I'm glad you like my blog. I really like yours as well.

      Delete
  4. Loved your 7 facts and especially the part about your faith:) Thanks for including me in your list above. I am touched.
    Take care, Suzie/John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, SNP! Of course I'd include your blog. It's so interesting.

      Delete
  5. Thank you Suzie.

    I love that you were a cheerleader and still are in so many ways. Aside from sports, the only channels we regularly watch are Discovery, History and Nat. Geo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are some good shows on those channels and I usually learn something from them, even the reality shows.

      Delete
  6. Yay...congrats Suzie! Enjoyed your seven things...and I also completely fail at painting nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Molly! I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't paint nails. I always thought I was the only girl who couldn't.

      Delete